Friday, January 26, 2007

18w6d Getting Big Already

Gosh. I'm getting big. A little scary, as I am only 4 3/4 months pregnant, but that's the way it is with a twin pregnancy apparently!

Things have been so far so good, just getting a handle on all there is to plan and get together. It really threw me for a loop for the first couple months, but lately I've been feeling a bit better, a little more in conrol, a little calmer. The last couple weeks have been really good in the mental health realm - just... normal. And believe me, I am completely thrilled with "just normal!" Back to me. Hello me. Nice to see you again.

I will take this opportunity to remind all of you out there who may be having an especially hard time with IF, IVF, ART, losses, life changes... that getting help from a mental health professional is a Good Thing. It doesn't solve things overnight, but it does give you some tools and in the end makes a very big difference.

Been eating a whole heck of a lot. Often! Trying to do lots of protein and calcium and etc. Swimming rocks. I am trying to go 3 times per week at least. Now going out for a walk. My next Dr. appointment is the 20 week anatomy scan and then an OB appointment the next day. Will update then.

10 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like you are doing all the right things so don't worry about the size. You'll be so busy running around tring to keep up with them, that you'll be back down to prepregnancy weight before you know it. :) Can't wait to hear about the 20 week scan. Are you going to find out what you are having or leave it a surprise. We just had our 20 week - it's a boy! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - 18 weeks already! I think I popped around 15 weeks so I remember being a bit large at that point also. It was kind of nice to have quickly passed through the "is she pregnant or just getting fat" phase. I'm glad to hear you're feeling more normal these days and it sounds like you're taking great care of yourself and those little ones. Good luck at the 20 week scan!

soralis said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your swimming! Good luck at your next appt!

Take care

Anonymous said...

These seem to be growing weeks for moms with twins. I went from "I look bigger" to "Good LAWD I'm HUGE!" I'm 20w4d and my profile is a thing to be reckoned with! And congrats on getting the old you back. I'm with you on the therapy tip...it helped me through some dark dark TTC and m/c spots.

charlie's mom said...

It was nice to look pregnant instead of simply large! You'll keep growing though, so get ready! I got a thrill when I could see my feet agin for the first time.

Emmie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling good. You'll need to post a belly pic soon if you can bear it--I need more twin expectants to commiserate with! Isn't it just amazing?

Lut C. said...

What a relief to feel normal! Good to hear.

Eva said...

Thanks for the updates. I remember feeling as though I was visably bigger on a daily basis. Enjoy the 20 week scan -- it's amazing the detail you get to see (though perhaps less unique for people like us who have a lot of scans before 20 weeks). Take care and continue to feel good.

Runergirl said...

I bet you look great! Please post your ultrasound, it is so exciting.

x said...

I imagine that the 20 weeks scan is soon, I hope it goes well.
Swimming 3 times a week sounds fabulous. I was loving my walks but the subzero tempatures have put a temporary end to them for now.