Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not lookin' good

I am 12dp5dt. We're still away from home on vacation, and today I jumped into a store, grabbed an e.p.t. and peed. Negative. It was not first morning urine (big glass of juice maybe 3 hours before), but at this point it should not matter. Beta is in 2 days.

I am disapointed but so far doing ok. It's been a weird couple of weeks. Did not feel anything unusual until about 7dp5dt when I started getting very mild cramps and nipples stinging, especially at night. Breasts seemed bigger. No spotting at all, no bleeding.

I had the nipple twinges and mild cramps on and off until about 11dp5dt when those two "symptoms" suddenly stopped. I suppose I still have the occasional twinge, but really, it even seems like my breasts shrunk back down a little.

I had a little wild hope that maybe I was preg with more than one and a multiple was dropping off, therefore causing a drop in symptoms... but now I am pretty sure it's a done deal.

I will test tomorrow morning with first morning urine with the other stick that came in the pack. But tomorrow will be 13dp5dt (equivalent to 18dpo) and I should be obviously positive even on a crap-ass HPT by now. Beta is on Monday AM. At least I will be prepared for the inevitable. Need to make sure there is no ectopic and all that.

The hard thing is that I want to stop taking the progesterone and estrogen so that my period will come. But on the tiniest chance that there is still any hope, I can't really do that until the beta result.

Send your "Negative HPT but positive beta" miracle stories now... but know that I am currently disappointed but hanging strong. If I can remain so, this will be a victory either way.

15 comments:

fisher queen said...

I hate those damn sticks. I'm still holding out hope for you.

NikkiNix said...

Still hoping for positive results for you... I don' think I'll do those evil sticks, I've done too many in the last 2 years of trying to even look at them again !!

Bea said...

Two more days... the only thing I believe in is a blood test beta.

Bea

Lori said...

Pee sticks are evil. I'm so sorry it was negative.

Millie said...

Pee sticks really are evil. Pure evil.

And FETs have lower betas inititally. No one knows why. Maybe they implant a lot later than normal? Anyway I wish you a very different result with your beta tomorrow.

And for a good miracle story, how about Suz's of Within the Woods? http://bakerswife.typepad.com/withinthewoods/2005/07/tribunal.html#comments
If you go to her blog and choose IVF #2 you can read all about it. Oh, and you know she has identical twins right? That's my story for you today.

Pamplemousse said...

Hang in there for the beta result!

soralis said...

I hate pee sticks... hoping the beta has better results.

Take care

spark said...

Sorry about the pee stick. Hope you have some late implanters and the beta has a better result.

shazz said...

Pee Sticks are EVIL!! I am sorry I was so hoping this was it, but lets wait till Beta.

Sunnie said...

You said it. Send your stories....I am exhibit A :) I was negative at the HPT and had a positive beta.

I can only hope the same for you, sweetie. Hang in there and enjoy the rest of your vaca.

xoxoxo

serenity said...

Evil pee sticks. I am sorry... and am hoping for the best for you.

*hug*

Thalia said...

Sorry, sadly I don't have a miracle story for you. There are a couple - suz (pregnant with twins, nothing on an hpt til 16po - sorry yes I know you are past this now), and brooklyn girl who I mentioned on my blog today. BUt I don't know of any others that would not have showed up on an hpt at 18dpo. I am sorry.

We've just got to get through this til the next time.

Twisted Ovaries said...

I keep checking in hoping you're ok...

songbird36 said...

Stupid pee sticks! I am sending positive thoughts your way.

ellie said...

I am sorry- it would be nice to have a positive. I hope the best for you!