Monday, July 24, 2006

Let it ride on Righty!

Don't you know it. AF came 3 days ago (in the end it was a 32 day cycle) and so I went in to my RE today. I have a nice 15mm cyst on the right. I wish a person could bet on ovarian cyst development like you can bet on race horses...

"I'll take a daily double on Lefty and let it ride on Righty for the win!"


Imagine the glory and riches! People would come from far and wide to watch me grow a cyst and then predict its exact measurement just before a wanding!

Ok, so I am not even let down about it this time. I am so used to delays. 'Scuse my French, but fuck if I'm going to let this make me feel bad. Here's the plan: going on Yasmin BCP for 10 days, trying to quiet down this cyst. If it works, we go immediately into FET #1 at that time. If the cyst is still there, it's Lupron time.

Note: I have tried Trivora (Triphasil) BCP twice, and it does NOTHING to supress cysts. But that one is a tri-phasic low dose pill and I remember reading somewhere that this type of pill is basically useless for this particular purpose. I wish I could find the study again. I saw my RE consulting with another doc this time (a gyno) and maybe that's why we're going with the Yasmin.

Yasmin is mono-phasic and each pill contains 3mg drospirenone (a progestin) and .03mg ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen). My only hope is that it does not cause any depression in me. Which happened a while ago on Mircette.

BTW, what does a FET cycle with Lupron look like? Can anyone give me a basic idea?

Hang with me, girls. I was hoping to begin the FET cycle officially today, but nope, not yet. In the meantime, I am reading you!

19 comments:

Hopeful Mother said...

Ugh. Cysts are all over the IF blogosphere lately - you would think they were contagious!

I don't know much about the BCPs, I took Seasonale for my first IVF and had no issues with it, but I've never taken BCPs before so...?

I hope things get moving soon for you!

Anonymous said...

If you are taking bets on cysts, I can give you a run for you money! I have been on the Evra patch and progesterone to hopefully get rid of them. I hope this one goes away quickly.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Oh no! I hope that your cyst goes away soon so that you can get started with your FET. Hugs.

MoMo said...

So sorry to hear about the cyst--please cyst go away!! Hang in there...I know the waiting can be very frustrating. Thinking of you!

Serenity said...

I am glad that you finally got AF - but argh about the cyst. I hope the Yasmin takes care of it right away...

As for your protocol, can't help you with the Lupron - mine are estradiol only.

GOOD LUCK WITH FET #1!!!!

Jo said...

Damn Girl... I am so sorry about the cyst..
I did take Yasmin and that actually worked on mine. I did not have any issues with depression, headaches or break thru bleeding on those either.
Here is to movibg forward!!!

Pamplemousse said...

I don't know how you endure this constant string of setbacks. You are like the Mother Teresa of the blogosphere.

A FET with Lupron just means that instead of depending on your natural ovulation and hormones, you are being manipulated by suppression then the building up of the estrogen. I surmise that it is because of the cysts that they are looking at a medicated FET for you. Hopefully they can suppress you long enough that they can then build a lining without growing cysts. Sounds like a plan eh?

Fertility Faux Pas said...

Ugh, I'm sorry about the cysts. Sure wish we could bet on them...What a great way to earn the money to pay our for our treatments!

Good luck with the Yasmin...

soralis said...

I am hoping that you can get on with your FET! Hope the BCP gets rid of the cyst!

Take care

S said...

I'm doing a medicated FET right now, actually. My cycle might be a bit different than others (I'm not starting Lupron on CD21), but here's my schedule:

*Start BCP's (Necon)on CD3 (7/23)

*Start Lupron (10 units) on 8/1, overlapping the BCP's for three days, then stopping the BCP's and doing only Lupron

*Go in for suppression check on 8/7-hopefully add Estrace pills to the Lupron.

Then I'll go in for monitoring about every four days or so, and up the Estrace dosages accordingly. About two days before the transfer, I'll start Doryx (antibiotic), Medrol (steroid) and stop the Lupron and add PIO (yay-can't wait for that!). After the transfer I continue with PIO and Estrace and go in twice for monitoring, then the beta.

So, in my case the transfer is tentatively four weeks from AF, depending on how I respond.

Ugh, that totally blows about the cyst-Jeez, it's like you can't get a break! I hope the pills do the trick, and knocks that bastard out of the way...

songbird36 said...

So sorry about the cyst...I am taking Yasmine now. It made me a little weepy for the first couple of days, but I'm fine now. I hope they do the trick for you. :-)

beagle said...

Wishing you luck with this.

I posted my FET protocol on my blog last month, I was also on Yasmin first.

Kris said...

Hope the Yasmin helps. I never get to use a triphase pill. Just the heavy- duty-prevent-a-horse-from-getting-pregant kind. I hope the side effects aren't too bad for you and that the 10 days will do the trick.

I love your betting idea. Does the cycler get a portion of the pot?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe that you keep getting stuck with these cysts!!Good luck with the new BCP-let's hope this is the one!

Twisted Ovaries said...

I'm doing a medicated FET right now, too.

I had-Buserelin (Lupron) for three weeks, Progynove for two weeks, and now end the Lupron and take cyclogest until HPT.

It's basically the same time frame as a fresh cycle, only without the stims.

charlie's mom said...

Can you catch a break please? Jeez.

ellie said...

Kind of makes me wonder if july is national women trying to conceive gets cysts month? Gimmee a break- you totally deserve one. I hope that it works out for you. I took the yasmin last cycle. I don't think I am meant to take any of the bcps. Mostly I just got sick and felt lousy. Good luck with them!

LiL Moo & Mee said...

Dam cycts!! I really hope it disapears and you can go ahead.

Unknown said...

Cysts..pesky things I have had two, each time we popped them .... on fet at the mo, 2 frosties a frostie egg and well yeah I'm a bit frosty after 21 days of Lucrin, at least just frosty and not wanting to tote an ak47 like I did on clomid....