Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hope x 2 at 4w6d

I am no ultrasound technician, but I could make this out in about 5 seconds flat:



And each one has a little mass a-growin' inside (though I only got a photo of one) - see where that little white mark is pointing over to the left?



The reason I had this scan today is because I have been having a little mild pain in the right side of my abdomen for the past 2 nights - I was instructed to call if I had anything at all unusual, so I did. I am extremely grateful that there is no ectopic. Also grateful that they get me in with a simple phone call just like that!

During this wanding they also discovered:

1) that the pain in my right side is just some bowels acting up (they have been a bit uneasy this week, so this makes sense)
2) that i have a very slight separation between one of the sacs and the uterus. (I think that's correct - doc referred to it alternately as a "small blood clot" and a "separation.")

This #2 means that I am ordered to chill the heck out for the next week. Had to cancel a job that I was booked for and must knock off the exercise (was walking every day and MIGHT have broken into a run yesterday. Felt great, by the way). Not even going for walks allowed this week. It's not true "bed-rest" so I can sit at my desk and such, but must comply. My RE is hopeful that the separations will disappear. Also, progesterone increased to 200mg 4xday.

All I can say is, thank GOD for that inital very high Beta number. So we knew already for over a week that it could be two. Or else I would have fained dead away on the table. And I'm not a fainter. Presently I am maintaining "living in the moment" so as to not wig right out with anxiety over various implications.

It is extremely early - I am only 4weeks + 6days right now. Don't think I've forgotten that for a moment. Most "normals" would just be 6 days late for their period and wondering if they could be pregnant at this point. They would have no idea of these types of details. I know that either one, or both, of these things that are in there dividing could disappear at any time.

I go back in exactly one week to see if any little heart(s) could be fluttering and for fetal pole measurement, should we be so fortunate. At this time, however... ok. Pretty neat. And much further than we've ever been before. Which is really all one can ask for.

Hugs to you out there. Thanks for being with me on such a crazy, crazy day.

24 comments:

Erika Jurney said...

Congratulations! Congratulations!

(Yeah, I know, too cutesy...)

Wonderful news. Good luck with your resting!

NikkiM said...

WEeeeeeeeeeeee!!! That is sooo cool :)
In the moment... ya ya... UGOGRRL!!

TeamWinks said...

Whoohooo! Talk about a fun ride coming up! Can't wait to go along for the journey!

Lyrehca said...

Early congrats and a hopeful good luck to you.

Runergirl said...

YES!!!! I had a feeling it was two with the beta levels. Best Wishes, and keep us posted!

Thalia said...

Great news, let's hope it stays this way, and that the nasty separation is gone by next week.

Emmie said...

Hooray--I hope the two stick around! It would be awesome if we could share twin stories. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for updates! This is so exciting!!!!

Hopeful Mother said...

YAY! Congratulations.

charlie's mom said...

Wow! Hang in there babies!

BigP's Heather said...

YAY! Rest up momma!

soralis said...

Yey! Take care and can't wait to hear about your next u/s

Kris said...

Congrats and good luck next week!

And, uh, if you're like me, after all the ultrasounds you've seen, you might actually be qualified as an ultrasound tech.

Anonymous said...

A big double congratulations to you!

GLouise said...

Hooray!!!

x said...

Wow - two! Your right, it's easy to see them both there. Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

Lut C. said...

Congratulations!

Living in the moment is so hard, but it's the best way to go.

Rachel said...

Glad things are looking good so far!

ellie said...

glad that you are resting up! I hope the best for you and take the time to relax and take care of yourself!

A.M.S. said...

I'm so very happy for you!

Lisa said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture! Congratulations!

Emmie said...

Hey UtRus,

What has happened since this great scan? Looking forward to an update, and hoping you aren't very sick!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Congrats! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

2nd cyle (1st was ectopic) and I have an hcg that went from 461 on 4w3d to 1711 on 4w6d.

I found your story with the headline 4w6d! I ready every entry and was so happy to hear your outcome!

Next week I finally get to see that first ultrasound image! I laughed when I realized you had Batman and Robin because ours are Alvin Simon and Theodore right now. Wish us the best!