Saturday, December 23, 2006

13w2d Fog is Lifting

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but it seems as if the nausea is lessening. A few days ago I got my progesterone level tested and it was 60 (!) so I went off the vag suppositories. I was on 200MG 4x per day until a week after the CVS. I think the combo of starting the 3rd trimester and going off all that extra progesterone has made a big difference. I've got two placentas in here now producing all they need.

I've noticed a big mood change at the same time. Soon as that extra progesterone left my system I have felt better than I have in months. Like a fog has lifted. I have had a few poignant moments of "feeling like myself" - do you know what I mean?

Ironically, I remember that going ON the progesterone when I did actually helped. I was feeling anxious at the time and it seemed to take the edge off those feelings. But then after a while, it felt different. As the pregnancy progressed and hormones icreased, it was more tired/depressive feelings rather than anxiety, per se.

Anyway, I am reminded that all this hormonal business that we go through COMBINED WITH the stresses of fertility treatments can make for a pretty intense rollercoaster. I think I have sometimes forgotten how big a part the chemicals play. I have mentioned before that I go to a therapist weeky, which really helps a lot. But it's nice to be reminded that brain chemistry is a *real* issue, and that we can only do what we can do in terms of cognitive behavioral therapy IN SPITE OF the hormones.

Thanks for checking up on me! All is well. :) I am learning to eat small meals very often (6-7 times per day) balanced with good protein, carbs and fats and plenty of fiber to keep things movin'. I was having some pretty intense blood-sugar plunges, and now I think I am finally getting a handle on this part. Walking 4-5 times per week and now about to go to my first prenatal yoga class. Will start swimming soon.

More soon - Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Joyous Kwanza, Happy Bodhi Day... no matter how you celebrate, I wish you the very best and send my profound thanks to you for connecting with me. It means so much. I am reading you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

May you, dh, and your babes in waiting have the most joyous holidays, too. You've given such hope to many of those of us dealing with IF and hope only for the best in the upcoming, very eventful, year!

Lut C. said...

Happy holidays!

Marie-Baguette said...

Good to know you are doing great, and will be yourself just in time for the holidays. Being very geeky, I have tried to chart my own due date based on your blog, but it is very confusing. How come you had your first beta only 7 days after transfer? (I am sooo jealous). How do you calculate your due date based on transfer date of a FET? Happy holidays!

Lyrehca said...

Glad to see you're feeling better--happy holidays!

Drew said...

Merry Christmas to you too!
I am glad your nausea has subsided - you can now enjoy the `good' period of pregnancy. :)

Bea said...

Merry Christmas, happy... let's just say happy holidays and leave it at that, shall we?

Hope the fog keeps lifting.

Bea

beagle said...

Glad you're feeling better, hope you were able to enjoy some holiday treats, at least in nibbles!